I am a Senior Digital Product Designer with expertise in the conceptualization, design and development of interactive experiences. As a tireless advocate for the truth of an experience, I unite business objectives and audience needs into purposeful and successful engagements.
- Adept at engaging client stakeholders to identify challenges in all branded communications
- Insightful critical thinking and decision making
- Comfortable and effective from the whiteboard to the boardroom
- Exceptional concept development and design process
- Extensive experience leading and collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams
- Fluency in development technologies and methods
See my employment history on LinkedIn.
Strategy, Discovery & Scoping
- Assess existing experience and available research for insights on audience engagement
- Clarify the short-term and long-term organizational goals
- Develop an honest representation of the audience needs
- Define a messaging hierarchy to outline what the new experience must convey to the audience
- Capture a realistic set of project requirements
- Specify points of conversion and determine success metrics for analytics planning
Strategic Documentation Samples
As you can imagine, most of the strategic work I do is conducted under NDA. However, I can provide obfuscated sample documentation on request or I’m happy to discuss my process in greater detail over a hot or cold beverage.
“Erin is relentlessly thorough in his discovery work, and his ability to translate business and user goals into technical requirements is unparalleled.”
~ Sarah Higgins, User Experience Designer at Substance
Content Strategy & User Experience Design
- Evaluate content assets and organize into task-oriented workflows and site structures
- Plan for content administration and future publishing needs
- Conduct team brainstorm exercises and on-one-on collaborations
- Construct the information architecture in detailed site maps
- Illustrate the user experience in wireframes and/or prototypes using a variety of tools (pencil, OmniGraffle, HTML, interpretive dance)
- Write UX requirements documentation for front-end and back-end development teams
User Experience Samples
User flow Diagrams, Static Wireframes and Site Map
Download UX Samples (PDF)
“Erin pushes his team to stay on top of new technology and trends, and his desire to continually learn and grow in the field makes him a strong leader and motivator. His work is impeccable, and you can see the deep level of care he takes in producing it.”
~ Kim Stetson, Lead Project Manager at Substance
Design & Creative Direction
- Instill confidence in stakeholders, assuring the work is in capable hands
- Collaborate with the account and project management teams to manage resources and meet milestones
- Direct multidisciplinary teams towards a common goal
- Establish style direction and work with designers to develop brand guidelines
- Provide constructive feedback that guides and empowers
- Make certain the work is outstanding and confidently articulate its value
Design & Art Direction Gallery
A sampling of my design work from the last 15 years.
By 2005 I had transitioned exclusively to designing for interactivity and since then I have designed and directed well over 30 interactive project launches.
In the distant past, I’ve bagged groceries, operated industrial embroidery machines, worked nights at a video rental store and co-managed an indie record label.